As I’m sure you are aware, a number of new restrictions have now been announced by the government regarding controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Here at the Milestone Centre, we want to make sure we keep all of our members and staff safe and healthy in these times. Therefore we will of course be implementing, from Thursday 24th of September, the following rules ;
- The bar will close at 10pm sharp every day. This means that last orders will be at 9.45pm. There will be no exceptions to this, as a condition of our licence.
- We will now be offering table service only. Please do not approach the bar for service. You will still be able to continue enjoying our great selection of drinks and snacks, and pay by either cash or card.
- The wearing of face masks will now be mandatory inside the bar, until seated at your table. This means that when you enter, go to the toilet, go out to smoke, or leave the building ; you must wear a face covering. If you have a medical exemption then we do of course understand that this will not be possible but we ask for your cooperation on this matter.
Recreation and Sports
- The wearing of face masks will now be mandatory inside the building, until taking part in exercise. This means that when you enter, go to the toilet, go out to smoke, or leave the building ; you must wear a face covering. If you have a medical exemption then we do of course understand that this will not be possible but we ask for your cooperation on this matter.
- Group sports will now be subject to the ‘Rule of 6’ – we will contact any affected parties directly.
For your information in accordance with these new regulations, our staff will now also be required to wear face mask inside(unless as above regarding medical exemption). In addition, you will see new signage throughout the building explaining these rules. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this.
Our current COVID-19 rules will still apply ;
- You must ensure you’re swiping your membership card to register your attendance and presence in the building. This allows us to ensure we are meeting the Track and Trace obligations we are under as a business.
- All visitors must be signed in as above
- Please also use the QR codes provided around the building in conjunction with the NHS Track and Trace application.
- The rule of 6 means that only 6 people can be sitting at a bar table at one time.
- Our bar tables have been set out and distanced appropriately for this rule, as well as 2m social distancing. Please do not move furniture.
- Please follow the arrows and observe the one way system where applicable.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entered and leaving the building.
As a charity we must ensure compliance with these regulations, as our licensing and livelihood of the centre depends on it. These are incredibly difficult times for any business and we would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation with these guidelines which will hopefully ensure we all stay safe and well to enjoy all that the Milestone Centre has to offer for many years to come.
If you have any questions or comments then please do of course get in touch – we welcome your contributions and suggestions.
We hope to see you soon!