We are excited to say that our new menu has now gone live (click on the hyperlink to view!)
We are offering a delicious range of toasties, sandwiches and jacket potatoes, as well as our freshly prepared and home cooked specials menus. We offer seasonal delights such as our Christmas themed brie, cranberry and bacon baguette. We also have a great range of hot drinks to choose from, whatever your preference is!
We are open as the Village Cafe Monday – Friday 9am-2pm and all are welcome, including kids and dogs!
The Village Cafe
As I hope you know, we have been open for a little while now during the day, as the Village Cafe. We open at 10am each weekday, with both indoor and outdoor seating available, and we have a great menu of food and drinks available, including our new iced coffees which have been popular this week as you can imagine!
All of the family are welcome, including any kids that are now on school holidays, so we would love to see you down here soon.
We have some fantastic events planned in the diary for the next couple of months, so pop these dates in your diary and let us know if you would like to know more. If you don’t do so already, we would recommend you follow us on Facebook / Instagram /twitter for more updates. We will also be updating our website with more information on these upcoming events so please stay tuned!
Saturday 31st July
Wednesday 11th August
Kids Arts & Craft Day
Saturday 14th August
Kids Summer Disco
Wednesday 18th August
Wednesday 25th August
Saturday 28th August
Family Fun Day
Sunday 29th August
Funky Fun Quiz Night
Sunday 5th September
Hopefully you have visited and enjoyed our mini refurbishment inside, but we are excited to say we have a bit of refurbishment happening outside on our patio too. We hope that you will be able to enjoy this space in the sunny days ahead!
Sports and Societies
A reminder that our lovely sports and societies are now returning post lockdown, and we are so excited to welcome all these members back through our doors! If you are interested in finding out more or getting involved in Badminton, Squash or Drama then please get in touch or visit our website. We also have more and more groups joining us here which is great to bring even more of our community into the Milestone centre, and we now have everything from Brownies to Trampoline fitness under our roof!
General note to all members
Please ensure that all members bring your cards with you. You will not be able to gain access to any of the buildings without them, and you will not be able to access any of our member discounted prices either. If you need to renew your membership, please visit cpva.org.uk/members
If you have a friend or family member who you think would like to join, please bring them along for a visit and then direct them to Join – Caversham Park Village Association (cpva.org.uk). At just £23 for an annual adult membership, we are quite frankly a great bargain! 🙂
As always, we welcome any feedback that you may have on the association or the social club, and you’re always welcome to get in touch with any suggestions that you may have for going forwards.
We all hope very much to see lots of familiar faces (and some new ones too!) over the summer.
All of the team @ the Milestone
Monday is here again!
Now that restrictions have lifted, have you been thinking about trying a new hobby?
Maybe you want to dust off that squash or badminton racquet? Or get some holiday feeling with a few games of table tennis?
Do you want to jump the calories off with Bounce Caversham or learn “comment parler francais” ready for a holiday next year? We’ve got all this, and more! Please visit our ‘join’ page to sign up!
We are a charity that receives no council or government funding and have been serving our community of Caversham Park (and beyond!) for 55 years and counting 🥰
As I’m sure you are aware, a number of new restrictions have now been announced by the government regarding controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Here at the Milestone Centre, we want to make sure we keep all of our members and staff safe and healthy in these times. Therefore we will of course be implementing, from Thursday 24th of September, the following rules ;
- The bar will close at 10pm sharp every day. This means that last orders will be at 9.45pm. There will be no exceptions to this, as a condition of our licence.
- We will now be offering table service only. Please do not approach the bar for service. You will still be able to continue enjoying our great selection of drinks and snacks, and pay by either cash or card.
- The wearing of face masks will now be mandatory inside the bar, until seated at your table. This means that when you enter, go to the toilet, go out to smoke, or leave the building ; you must wear a face covering. If you have a medical exemption then we do of course understand that this will not be possible but we ask for your cooperation on this matter.
Recreation and Sports
- The wearing of face masks will now be mandatory inside the building, until taking part in exercise. This means that when you enter, go to the toilet, go out to smoke, or leave the building ; you must wear a face covering. If you have a medical exemption then we do of course understand that this will not be possible but we ask for your cooperation on this matter.
- Group sports will now be subject to the ‘Rule of 6’ – we will contact any affected parties directly.
For your information in accordance with these new regulations, our staff will now also be required to wear face mask inside(unless as above regarding medical exemption). In addition, you will see new signage throughout the building explaining these rules. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this.
Our current COVID-19 rules will still apply ;
- You must ensure you’re swiping your membership card to register your attendance and presence in the building. This allows us to ensure we are meeting the Track and Trace obligations we are under as a business.
- All visitors must be signed in as above
- Please also use the QR codes provided around the building in conjunction with the NHS Track and Trace application.
- The rule of 6 means that only 6 people can be sitting at a bar table at one time.
- Our bar tables have been set out and distanced appropriately for this rule, as well as 2m social distancing. Please do not move furniture.
- Please follow the arrows and observe the one way system where applicable.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entered and leaving the building.
As a charity we must ensure compliance with these regulations, as our licensing and livelihood of the centre depends on it. These are incredibly difficult times for any business and we would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation with these guidelines which will hopefully ensure we all stay safe and well to enjoy all that the Milestone Centre has to offer for many years to come.
If you have any questions or comments then please do of course get in touch – we welcome your contributions and suggestions.
We hope to see you soon!